Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Book Club 11/5

Chapter 13 begins with a paragraph discussing how Saudi Arabian women of Sultana's mothers age spend their entire life waiting to be married. Although very different, it made me think of some girls in my generation because many girls only focus on that. The women of Sultana's mothers generation had no choice. However girls my age do not appreciate the opportunities they have and only focus on their future with men. 
Another thing that struck me as familiar was the mother-son bond. Like above the situations are much different, but sometimes in American culture you see an unbreakable mother-son bond. A daughter-in-law with struggle to fit the demands of the mother and will always fall short no matter what. It is much different from the Arab culture but the similarities are still present. It makes me think maybe it routes from a psychological aspect of human nature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment